Trendy Fruit and Vegetable Additives During Soap Making
Creative Additives In Soap
Trendy, of course, is having some fun adding organic ingredients into the soapmaking process. Such as, adding items including pureed fruits and vegetables into the soap base. First of all, this is a great way to offer customers some extra, nutritional benefits for the skin with the additional vitamins found in each ingredient. These are easily absorbed through the skin during your bathing regime. Therefore, an example would be powdered spinach; it is packed with vitamins (A, C, E, and K), chlorophyll, enzymes, minerals, and phytonutrients, which are all anti-aging agents and will leave your skin glowing. Not only that, but it is also a great moisturizing agent and will help to soften your skin.
Popular Fruit and Vegetable Additives
The variety and combination of additives a person chooses to use in each soap are endless. Below, just to name a few, are some popular ones included in soapmaking today,
- Avocado – Avocado contains potassium, lecithin, Vitamin E, and is rich in fatty acids to moisturize the skin. However, t is very beneficial for eczema and acne-prone skin types as well. (Source)
- Banana – Banana’s have vitamins B3, B5, B6, and C. What’s more, they are antioxidant-rich to help fight wrinkles and acne. (Source)
- Beets – Vitamin C is a super, anti-aging agent that helps repair dry skin. Also, the anti-inflammatory properties help reduce the swelling from acne breakouts. (Source)
- Carrots – Beta-carotene reduces inflammation, promotes firm, elastic and healthy skin. (Source)
- Cucumber – An awesome reducer for swelling, it is antioxidant-rich, and soothes burnt or damaged skin. (Source)
- Kale – Vitamin, and antioxidant-rich to help reduce wrinkles and free radical cell damage. (Source)
- Kelp – Super high-vibe antioxidant, mineral-rich seaweed, Also, it is very soothing to dry skin, while moisturizing and removing toxins too. Likewise, it’s anti-inflammatory properties help treat blemishes and reduce redness, leaving skin clearer. (Source)
- Mango – Mango contains Vitamins A, B6, C, E, K, along with copper, magnesium, and potassium. As a result, they help to reduce fine lines, reduce oily skin, acne and rosacea breakouts. A great moisturizing agent for hydrating dry skin. (Source)
- Pomegranate – It is extra-hydrating for dry skin, regenerates too, while helping fight inflammation due to acne, and minimizes wrinkles. (Source)
- Pumpkin – The alpha-hydroxy acids increase cellular rejuvenation. Also, antioxidants like vitamin A & C soften aging signs. Pumpkins essential fatty acids, Vitamin E and Zinc help reduce the oil production in the skin that can aid acne sufferers. (Source)
As you can see from the list, each one of these ingredients has some very beneficial properties that will aid in keeping skin healthy and glowing.
Featuring Some of Our Favorites
We love adding fresh ingredients here at Sunscapes Soaps and the majority of them are grown right here in our organic gardens. The reason being, we know exactly what is going into our soil when planting our crops. BTW, we even start our own seeds in our greenhouse too. Most importantly, we love knowing exactly what process our ingredients go through before going into our soaps. Also, we do our best to obtain eco-friendly, sustainably harvested, and ethically grown ingredients and additives for our soaps. Below I will give you some examples of a few favorites using veggies and fruits. Even more importantly, you can click through to see what is put into each item in the shop section of our website. Enjoy!
- Avocado – A super-rich, luxurious Avocado Artisan Soap for moisturizing your dry, sensitive skin. Additionally, we scented it with Litsea Cubeba Essential Oil to complement this bar.
- Carrot – Carrot soap has a nice combination of “all-natural” oils. We then added Shea butter, Kaolin clay, and Aloe Vera to make the perfect bar of soap.
- Cucumber-Mint – This bar is great for all skin types and we added a Cucumber & Mint fragrance to complement this pretty soap made from real cucumbers.
- Kale – This herbal soap is scented with a combination of Rosemary, Spearmint and Wintergreen Essential oils. Therefore we felt these EO’s were the perfect complement to the homegrown, organic, Kale powder we added for a light, exfoliating effect.
- Kelp – Seaweed was included for it’s nutrient-rich, vitamins and minerals to rejuvenate your skin. Oh yeah, this luxurious Atlantic Kelp Soap has Spa Day all over it!
- Mango – Our Mango soap is scented with Blood Orange fragrance, we introduced fresh Mango puree and a special blend of nutrient-rich oils. Not only that, but we also added Shea butter to nourish your sensitive skin.
- Pomegranate – The Pomegranate soap is like bathing in a fruit bowl. Also, this has Avocado oil which is nutrient-rich to super-moisturize your skin.
It’s All About You
Are you getting a little bit excited yet? Can you see why all-natural soaps are all the rage right now? What a wonderful advantage we have today over that of our parents and grandparents. We can choose to make healthier choices with what ingredients we put onto our skin. Today’s post is simply to touch upon a few favorite ingredients that are beneficial for having great looking skin.
In conclusion, I will certainly continue to offer up some other ideas for additives in additional postings. So, stay tuned, for “it’s all about you” and helping you understand some of the extra-healthy benefits you can enjoy in your shower and bath daily.
Here at Sunscapes Soap Shop, we believe “what you put on your body is as important as what you put into it.”
Until next time, this is Sunscape…
Sun. Scape. Ing your day